Friday, October 26, 2012

Happy Halloween Hauls

Happy October friends,

Are you all enjoying the cooler weather and ready for Halloween?  The kids here are:))

First up.  Thank you all that came by and left a comment on my last post.  I appreciate your kind comments and so enjoy sharing my work with you.  I really do.

It's been a month of fun over here at my place with my Halloween Hauls.  Lots of Orange,  black, green and gold.   I love the wonderful colors of Halloween.  They are so bright and happy.



I've been busy doing other things all month long, but I keep working as I really do enjoy my needlework.  So without further ado do do, here are the things I worked on this month.

 1.  I pieced together the backing of the BOM fall quilt I mentioned in my last post, purchased the batting and is gone out for machine quilting.  (no pic)

 2.  I also mentioned my Halloween table topper in my last post and finished some simple "in the ditch" quilting and freehand the jack-o-lanterns in the corners and took a small bit of hand-quilting, label and bind.




3.  I started the month out with a freebie from Feather's in the Nest.

…using a combination of DMC and some of my hand dyed threads.


I've mounted this finish on a piece of wood, painted and sanded with orange rick rack trim, a small bow, adding a peek a boo charm  and a ribbon for hanging.



 4.  Football season is stitching time for me.  I stitched this one from The Sampler Girl and finished it as a pillow with the Dallas cowboys fabby.  I gave the football players letters in lieu of numbers.  The letters D and S,  meaning "Dedicated Stitching."  LOL.  




5.  Then on to a UFO ~ Lizzie Kate Hocus Pocus, finished as a pillow with rick rack trim, bow and a button.


 6.  I pulled this next freebie from Lizzie Kate, Spooky Time, my DD stitched several years ago.  I thought it was time to take it out and finish it.



Finished as a flat fold...


…with rick rack trim and tulle bow.

 7.  I also pulled this one out of the pile.  Shepherd's Bush, Boo.  Finished in a black frame.




Looks  this one date me back to 2004.

 8.  Next up is a table runner pattern  I've had for a while, Candy Corn Table Runner.



I absolutely love the way it turned out with the prairie points.  I did some machine quilting, label, and bind.

 9.  I don't know which influenced what…the table runner or the next UFO stitch, The Scarlett House,  Death by Candy Corn.  This one just turned out too cute.



I cheated and add two candy corn buttons…I was tired of stitching the candy corns over one.




I've been hanging on to the candy corn fabby for a long time and this was the perfect piece for Death by Candy Corn.  Too Cute.

10.  "…And down came a spider and sat down beside her and frightened" Missy Cloris away.   Well…the spider had not visited, but the tooth fairy came and here is my emergency tooth fairy pillow as I was starting to feel a bit of crunch to get he costume done.



11.  Alrighty… "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could."  LOL.  It's costume time.

…And what did my little princess choose…"A Cowgirl."  I shouldn't have felt any crunch, because it was an easy peasy costume to make.

I had my friend, Miss Tencha help me to give it a Texas Twang, hence that little saying.  We added the beads on the fringe and the turquoise buttons on the Texas buckle.  I braided jute and gave her a lasso and made a quick treat bag with jute strap also.  We had so much fun playing with some of these ideas.


I wanted so much to participate in the monthly IHSW, but I was out hunting a hat for the costume.   The bigger the better I am told around these parts and any cowgirl worth a grain of salt has gotta have a hat.  This hat looked much like a cowboy's hat, so Mom went to her magic and pulled off the original trim and pretty her up...

 ...for this cowgirl.  


Glad you got here Mom.  LOL:))






12.  OK… So I veered off track for a while and started working on these blocks from Quilt in a Day, Underground Railroad Sampler by Eleanor Burns & Sue Bouchard.  

Here is my first block:  Underground Railroad


The fabby's appeared very dark to me, although it looks very good on the picture here, so I thought I would give a test of the potential fabrics I wanted to use in the quilt.

13.  I used a pattern, Underground Railroad, from American Doll Quilts by Kathleen Tracy, to see how the fabric would look together.


14.  afterwards, I went on to make Block 2:  Monkey Wrench



15.  and Block 3:  Wagon Wheel


16.  I got back on the wagon and stitched, Plum Street Samplers, Halloweenies, using my hand dyed threads except one.

I thought this would be a pillow, but when I found a frame in my stash that would fit.. (sorry 'bout the fuzzy pic)

I painted the frame and finished it.  Verrrrryyy Cute!!!


17.  Lastly.  My pink ornie for the month.  LHN, Cocoa.  I started this last evening and finished the stitching this morning.


I changed the colors to match my decor and will finish it soon.


Ok friends.  Thanks for staying with me and hope I had not bored ya:))  Hope y'all see something you like.

This is all I have for now and I shall see what rises to the top. 

Until next time, be well and enjoy your weekend.

Always,

Jackie:))

35 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of finishes. Congratulations!! I LOVE the Candy Corn!

    ~McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all Jackie. You've got quite a collection. Love coming here to see what you've been up to. TFS. :) Cathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Halloween stitches are fantastic...I especially love the Candy Corn stitch. Seeing the football one makes me want to stitch a Philadelphia Eagles pillow :-)
    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so much eye candy to look at. You've been really busy, can't believe all your finishes. Loved the flatflod finish, and Halloweenies is just so cute. I don't have that pattern yet, but it's on my list. Great Cowgirl costume as well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holey Moley Jackie. You have been one very busy lady. I am so jealous, I sure wish I good do some of those awesome finishes. Everything looks fantastic. I love your daughters costume and what a cutie.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness graciousness...you have been super busy!! I love everything especially the fabbies. DH would LOVE that Cowboy pillow!! Lil miss is such the model!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Jackie wonderful projects!!!! Your daughter looks as though she is a very happy cowgirl and pretty too!!

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your underground RR blocks, I have that in my stash to do, all of the material, the patterns, just need to cut and sew it up. You have inspired me, maybe that will be my project for 2013 :)

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooooo a total feast for the eyes ... gorgeous stitching and finishing as always ... and wow wish you could have made my costumes when I was little too ..lol
    and love the pink hot chocolate too :)
    thank you for a simply wonderful eye candy post :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have certainly been busy . I especially love the cocoa piece. That cowgirl is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY COW! You were one busy woman! Love them all - you certainly have a nack for beautiful finishing that is for sure!

    keep you the lovely work!

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have been busy! Loved all your finishes. Your daughter looks darling in her cowgirl costume!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your finishes are fantastic Jackie! My fave is Halloweenies though! Love it!

    Your daughter's cowgirl costume is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been super busy with all kinds of stitching and finishing! So much that I can't pick a favorite. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jackie, you've been so busy! Love all your finishes. The color changes you made on the LHN Cocoa ornie are really cute. I hadn't thought about changing the colors, but I like how you did.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jackie your finishes are just amazing, so inspiring too. I want to stitch all of these now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, I've never seen a more adorable little cowgirl than your sweet daughter! And what a wonderful grouping of Halloween ornaments, Jackie--you sure have been busy this month. The candy corn one is particularly cute with that matching fabric :)

    Hope you have a fun Halloween with lots of chocolates, Jackie!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your quilting projects! I can tell that you like Halloween! You have a wonderful collections of stitching projects! Thank you for sharing your love of stitching with us.

    socialsue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of cute and adorable stitching that you have done. Love all your finishes, you have been one busy bee lately.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful finishes. Halloween brings out the smalls in all if us eh?

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have been very busy! Everything looks great. That Cowgirl looks amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have certainly been busy! What great finishes. I love the framed piece with the ricrac.... what a cute idea!

    happy stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, Jackie, what are you doing here? You are spoiling us with a great post, full of eye candy. I'd say, you are all ready for Halloween, aren't you? I love that beautiful little cowgirl, isn't she sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG Jackie you were REALLY busy!!! I cannot stop admiring all your adorable Halloween ornies. They are all sooo beautiful!
    You also did an outstanding job on all your sewing!
    Your little girl looks sooo cute! I just fell in love with her!
    Hugs,
    Margit
    PS: Thanks for your lovely comment in my new blog. It made me smile when I realized that it didn't take you long to find me again. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - awesome stitching and finishes! And the costume pic is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Girl, you are one talented lady!!
    I love your finish of the October freebie and blogged to share for others to see your other goodies and fine stitching work.

    Thank you, I just LOVE it!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all of those! Would you mind posting your conversion for the little house needleworks ornament? I totally love it in those colors. I would not have thought of stitching it at all in the original colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh your little cowgirl is just too adorable! As always some amazing work! Love your pink ornament and just really everything!

    ReplyDelete
  29. MY goodness?! Where to begin!!! Everything is just stunning, stunning, stunning! I love the cowgirl :) How sweet!!! Your candy corn and well, just everything is just as cute as can be! You GO girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Your blog is just chock-full of inspiration...you are quite talented! I will definately be back to follow your crafty adventures.
    Laurie Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great finishes - wow, wow, wow!!! I love everyone of them. You sure have a talent for finishing and adding special touches. Great job. Love the cowgirl costume - your daughter looks so cute. I just returned (to the library) the same book you are stitching the Underground Railroad quilt. I plan to purchase it. I loved it for all the history & great illustrations of how to. But seeing your quilt blocks - I'm in AWE. Those are difficult to do and yours are perfect. Your amazing Jackie.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  32. What beautiful finishes and that lil' cowpoke is just adorable. I can't wait to see more of that BBD you started recently, that is one of their designs that I have always dreamt of doing. Maybe someday.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi! I'm a new follower : ) You certainly do a lot of stitching! I especially like the hot cocoa one. Being a diehard hot cocoa lover, I need to stitch that chart : ) Your daughter is very cute : )

    ReplyDelete
  34. Jackie you have really been busy this past month. wish I could say I had gotten as much done as you. your little one is so cute in her cowgirl costume.

    Hugs
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wanted to let you know what an enabler you turned out to be :)
    Halloweenies is now residing at my house to be an upcoming new start. In fact, my SIL thought it was so cute too that I got her the pattern as well and kitted it up for her birthday present this past week. Thanks for showing off such wonderful fun pieces.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Anytime throughout the year, you are always welcome here.
Blessings and kind regards!
Jackie